John Bohn Franke
John B. Franke was the founder and president of the Perfection Biscuit Company, was one of Fort Wayne’s successful business and civic leaders of his time. Under his management, Perfection Bakeries grew from the Wayne Biscuit Company, which was a small brick building on Barr Street with one oven, to its current facilities on Pearl Street. Franke was also a stake holder in a many other Fort Wayne manufacturing and mercantile businesses.
John Franke served as chairman of the building committee for Trinity English Lutheran Church at West Wayne and Ewing Streets. He also had a roll in the dedication of the church in 1926. Franke loved music, which lead him to arrange and finance many concerts in Fort Wayne. He also donated 80 acres of land to the city of Fort Wayne in 1921. The land he donated was made into Franke Park, which has grown to 329.4 acres and includes the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo.