Skip to main content
Huxford House
Projects

Huxford House

THE MAYOR’S HOUSE

After long years of use and deferred maintenance, ARCH rescued this building, stabilized it and sold it to a new owner. It is now an active office. It was built as the home of Dr. Merchant Huxford, also a pharmacist and early mayor of Fort Wayne. Its basement has huge timbers that studies have shown were probably salvaged from what remained of the last American fort.

Huxford House unrestored
520 Tennessee Ave., Fort Wayne
Built in 1854