Marshall S. Mahurin was a very successful local Architect who was a part of two very prolific architecture firms. Mahurin was born in Indiana in 1857. On October 2nd1888 he married his wife Cora A. Diggins, and they had three children together. Marshall was active in the community within the Shriners organization and was elected the New Potentate of the Mizpah Shrine. His nephew Guy Mahurin would later become his partner at the firm of Mahurin & Mahurin, his first partnership would be with John F. Wing at Wing & Mahurin.
The partnership of Wing & Mahurin was one of the most successful local architecture firms of the late 19th and early 20th century, designing dozens of commercial buildings, public works buildings, and residential housing. By 1907, the partnership between the two had come to an end, Mahurin leaving John Wing to form a new partnership with his nephew Guy Mahurin. Guy had been a draftsman and minor partner of Wing & Mahurin.
A vast number of the structures designed by Marshall and his partners over the years are now listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.